These Easy Lemon and Blueberry Muffins are literally the easiest “homemade” muffins you will ever make. They will make you feel like Spring is close and winter will come to an end!
Is it possible for a middle age, middle class, mid-western woman to suffer from scurvy????? Every year about this time I crave lemons – it’s the lack of sunshine and the need for spring I’m pretty sure and not actual scurvy but at any rate I need a lemony yumminess like these Lemon Raspberry Muffins that also cured my ‘scurvy’ a few years ago!
The other day the sun came out and all the pieces of the day just fell into place – baby pigs were being born, my kids worked without complaining, I baked and I got my big girl camera out for fun! I’ve been having lots of fun with Facebook Live Videos during farrowing on Farmwife Feeds
By the time I laid my head down that night I felt like a new person! These muffins were super easy because I used a blueberry muffin box mix and a couple of fresh lemons! So basically baking them took longer than mixing the batter!
Easy Lemon and Blueberry Muffins
- 1 blueberry muffin box mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix blueberry muffin mix according to package directions.
- Add zest on one lemon and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to muffin batter.
- Bake muffins according to package directions.
- Mix powdered sugar and 2-3 tablespoons (more or less) fresh squeezed lemon juice to desired consistency.
- Drizzle warm or cooled (if you can wait) muffins with glaze.