Gluten Free Princess Cookies
These cookies are made with oat flour, Princess flavoring and are egg free. They remind me so much of McDonald Land Cookies from when I was a kid.
- 12 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Princess flavoring
- 2½ cups oat flour or finely ground oats
- Additional oat flour for rolling dough out
In a large mixing bowl beat tother the butter, sugar, honey, salt, baking soda and Princess flavoring until well combined and creamy
Add 2½ cups oat flour to cream mixture and combine
Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a flattened disc, wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Roll each disc out to about a 1/4 inch thick and cut with preferred cookie cutter.For mine I rolled out with my regular rolling pin than used my used my embossing rolling pin for design, I cut them out with a flower cookie cutter.
Place cut cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Bake in a 350° pre-heated oven for 8-9 minutes, allow to cool and store in an air tight container.
- This might sound strange but this dough is both sticky and dry at the same time, that makes the dough very delicate as well. So if you are impatient like me just take a deep breath and be patient - it is worth it!
- Be sure if you are making these for someone 101% gluten free your oats/oat flour are labeled as such.