Mexican Street Corn Salad
All the flavors of traditional Mexican Street Corn in the ease of a salad you can make ahead! Serve warm or chilled!
- 12 ears of fresh sweet corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons Tajin Seasoning more if you want - add to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped more for garnish if you want
- ½-¾ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- lime wedges to serve optional
Shuck and wash the sweet corn, grill on medium-high heat until corn is slightly charred and cooked, about 10-12 minutes. Allow corn to cool and cut off the cob - I used 12 ears of corn and yielded approximately 6 cups of corn.
In a large bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, Tajin Seasoning and cilantro- stir to mix into a dressing
Add your corn and cotija cheese to the large bowl with the dressing and toss to coat all the corn with the dressing and mix in the cheese.
Serve! Can serve immediately at room temperature, can serve cold from the refrigerator or you can reheat in the microwave for a warm side-dish.