Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
A simple layered cobbler with classic strawberry and rhubarb.
- 4 cups rhubarb - chopped, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3 ounce box strawberry jello dry
- 1 cup water
- 1 15.25 ounce box white cake mix dry
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Layer the above ingredients in the order listed in a 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle sugar over the rhubarb
Sprinkle the dry jello packet over everything next
Now the water, slowly and carefully over the jello mix
Now the dry cake mix evenly over everything in the baking dish
Drizzle all the melted butter over the dry cake mix
Bake in a pre-heated 350° oven for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned on top
- Feel free to up the sugar to your liking. I find with one cup of sugar the rhubarb is still a bit tart and allows the rhubarb flavor to really shine.
- Can be made with frozen rhubarb but you might want to cut the water back just a tick as frozen rhubarb will put off some water