Easy Stromboli Sandwich is a simple meal on busy nights that everyone will love. Made with French bread, sausage and pizza sauce, good for an easy meal.
Every time I make this I’m shocked all over again at how easy this is! And that you can make it as simple or fully loaded as you want.
Keep it super simple and just follow the recipe below and you have an easy supper or appetizer for a crowd. But if you’re up for it you can totally customize this any way you like. Add mushrooms, peppers, onions. Honestly, anything you would put on a pizza or a sandwich would work.
Another note, I always use breakfast sausage for this but if you are an Italian sausage kind of person totally use that! But you might not want to add the additional Italian seasoning, but then if you want to you can! See, this is so easy to do the way that your family eats!
Easy Stromboli Sandwich
When I’m feeling extra fancy I butter the top piece of the French bread with about a Tablespoon of softened butter, sprinkle on extra grated parmesan cheese and a little extra Italian seasoning before I put it in the oven.
Other of our favorites in the “pizza” category:
Easy Stromboli Sandwich
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup shredded parmasean cheese
- 1 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 2-3 cups mozzerella cheese, shredded
- Brown the sausage in a frying pan, once fully cooked drain very well
- To the drained sausage add Italian seasonings, garlic salt and parmesan cheese - stir to combine
- Slice the french bread loaf horitontally - I kind of make a slight "V" so my sausage and toppings sit down in the bread and not just fall off the bread
- Spread about 3/4 of the suace on the botoom piece of bread, top that with the sausage mixture, spread the rest of the pizza sauce on sausage and sprinkle all the shredded mozzerella cheese on top
- Place the top of the french bread on the sandwich and bake in a pre-heated 350° oven for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…