Full disclosure, I am in land locked Indiana so my Crab and Corn Chowder is made with canned crab! Now don’t turn your nose up at me yet, this is a soup that is delicious, and warms you up those chilly days!
I love chowders, probably because they are thick and hearty. More than a soup but less than a meal – it’s just how my brain works.
I’m not gonna lie, I love my dutch oven so any excuse to use it I grab!
Crab and Corn Chowder
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 ribs diced celery
- 6 baby red potatoes, petite diced
- 3-4 teaspoons Old Bay Seasonings
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1½ Tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounce frozen corn
- 21 ounce can of lump crab meat, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cut up bacon into bits and saute in your dutch oven or pan
- Once done, remove bacon from pan and add onion, celery and diced potatoes-cook for 3-5 minutes until tender
- Add butter and flour to pan with onion, celery and diced potatoes and combine gently cooking for 3-5 minutes, stirring, don't burn
- Add chicken broth, corn, crab meat, Old Bay and bacon to pan, gently stirring, cook till thickened
- Add heavy cream and serve
Linked to Meal Plan Monday!