This is my Mom’s Meatloaf, it is my favorite food, my number one comfort food, my request for every birthday meal! It is a super easy recipe that is a family favorite!
This is the hands down my favorite meal – it’s comfort, memories and a warm hug all wrapped into one!
Now I don’t bake my meatloaf in a loaf pan I shape it into a loaf and bake it in a 9×13 – I have no valid reason it’s just the way I’ve always known to do it!
My kids asked one time why I don’t make meatloaf in a loaf pan…….I said “My Mom never did!”
So I asked my Mom why she never made meatloaf in a loaf pan…….she said “My Mom never did!”
So she asked her Mom why she never made meatloaf in a loaf pan……..she said “My Mom never did!”
Now I never serve meatloaf without mashed potatoes and gravy because, well, that would be just silly! The gravy is one of my favorite parts and is super simple – a can of Cream of Mushroom, a brown gravy packet and a cup of water!
Serve it up with your favorite vegetable – mine is peas add a big glass of cold milk to drink and it’s always a family favorite!
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder or small diced onion
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- More ketchup for top of meatloaf
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place meat mixture in a baking pan and shape into a loaf.
- Put in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1 hour, 45 minutes into cooking you can cover the loaf with additional ketchup, unless you have a picky spouse who does not like that then leave it plain!