A sweet-tart Lemon Drop Martini always catches my attention on any drink menu. It’s my favorite cocktail to make at home when I’m feeling extra!
YOU GUYS! When I’m feeling super extra I break out my thrift store silver tray, my Good Will find single coupe glass, and make this cocktail!
There are lots of versions of this drink, my friend Leah over at Farmwife Drinks has an excellent version.
But, if I may say, my version using whipped vodka makes my heart sing!
Lemon Drop Martini
All the other ingredients go into my cocktail shaker full of ice and the magic happens!
- Sugar works just as well to rim your cocktail glasses with, I just really like the extra sour from the candies as I drink.
- Use fresh lemons, it’s worth it, I promise.
- The amount of simple syrup is your call, it doesn’t take a lot but I think it really balances the drink. I also like simple syrup so I don’t have to worry about the sugar not dissolving.
More of my favorite drinks:
- Semi-Sweet Red Wine Sangria
- Hard Lemonade Fruit Slushy
- Hurricane Cocktail, Yankee Style
- Gingerbread Baileys Holiday Cocktail
Lemon Drop Martini
- 2 shots whipped vodka
- 1 shot limoncello
- 1/2 fresh-squeezed lemon
- simple syrup to taste
- crushed Lemon Drop candies or sugar to rim glass
- Using a coffee grinder or a plastic bag and rolling pin - crush the 8-10 Lemon Drop candies and place on a small plate to rim your cocktail glass. You can also use granulated sugar instead.
- Cut your lemon in half and rub it on the rim of the glass and immediately dip in the crushed candy or sugar
- Squeeze the lemon half into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes
- Add the whipped vodka, limoncello, and a splash or 2 of simple syrup into the cocktail shaker and shake, then shake some more and now shake one more time
- Pour into your rimmed glass and enjoy