Pigs, Pork and Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s talk Pigs, Pork and Recipes! I tend to find myself not only following recipes when cooking for my family but also when mixing hog feed on the farm.
Does bacon get your attention?
Pork is a staple in this house, not only because we raise it but because it’s delicious and healthy. We work hard everyday making sure our livestock is well cared for and healthy and grinding feed for them is one of those jobs.
I’m not gonna lie – I’m kinda bad at following recipes but I have to be diligent when it comes to our hog feed. Each ration or recipe includes soybean meal (the remaining soybean after they are crushed for oil) and corn as the base then the vitamins and minerals and other ingredients are weighed and added according the ration for the age and size.
Different ages and weights of hogs require different nutrients so each age and weight range has a different recipe. To keep them healthy I follow the recipes to a T and use scales to do so – only we don’t measure hog ingredients in teaspoons, we measure in pounds!
Pigs, Pork and Recipes
What I put into my hogs is what ends up on your family’s dinner table and mine!
Here is an amazing list of pork recipes from some of my favorite cooks:
- Farmhouse Marinated Pork Chops From Plowing Through Life
- Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup from These Old Cookbooks
- Sausage Potato Casserole from Farmwife Cooks
- Pan Fried Pork Chops – No flour, Gluten free from Beyer Beware
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup from Fencerow To Fencerowbv
- Pan Fried Pork Tenderloin and Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Lana’s Life
- Honey BBQ Oven Baked Ribs from My Fearless Kitchen
- Crock Pot Pork Carnitas from Chasing Saturdays
- Fried Smothered Pork Chops from Me
This post is sponsored by The Glass Barn brought to you by Indiana Soybean Farmers –
all opinions are mine!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…
Great post Jen! I’m going to have to check out some of those recipes too.