Let’s talk Pigs, Pork and Recipes! I tend to find myself not only following recipes when cooking for my family but also when mixing hog feed on the farm.
Pork is a staple in this house, not only because we raise it but because it’s delicious and healthy. We work hard everyday making sure our livestock is well cared for and healthy and grinding feed for them is one of those jobs.
I’m not gonna lie – I’m kinda bad at following recipes but I have to be diligent when it comes to our hog feed. Each ration or recipe includes soybean meal (the remaining soybean after they are crushed for oil) and corn as the base then the vitamins and minerals and other ingredients are weighed and added according the ration for the age and size.
Different ages and weights of hogs require different nutrients so each age and weight range has a different recipe. To keep them healthy I follow the recipes to a T and use scales to do so – only we don’t measure hog ingredients in teaspoons, we measure in pounds!
Pigs, Pork and Recipes
Here is an amazing list of pork recipes from some of my favorite cooks:
- Farmhouse Marinated Pork Chops From Plowing Through Life
- Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup from These Old Cookbooks
- Sausage Potato Casserole from Farmwife Cooks
- Pan Fried Pork Chops – No flour, Gluten free from Beyer Beware
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup from Fencerow To Fencerowbv
- Pan Fried Pork Tenderloin and Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Lana’s Life
- Honey BBQ Oven Baked Ribs from My Fearless Kitchen
- Crock Pot Pork Carnitas from Chasing Saturdays
- Fried Smothered Pork Chops from Me
all opinions are mine!