A Black Widow Cocktail may sound ominous but it’s super simple and very delicious. A mix of fresh blackberry juice and vodka makes a drink you will love!
Not too sweet and not too tart, makes the combination of this cocktail a classic.
I’m not sure the meaning behind the name of this cocktail but frankly, I don’t care. It would make a great Halloween mixed drink but my favorite time for this is during blackberry season. The berries are fresh for making juice and then some whole ones rolled in sugar make a perfect garnish!
Black Widow Cocktail
- I love to make this with fresh blackberry juice, however, fresh blackberry juice is really thick so I had a couple of splashes of water to this cocktail.
- My fresh blackberry juice is sugarless so I add simple syrup to my drink. Be sure to taste your juice before adding any sugar or sweetener when using store-bought juice.
- For garnish, I simply rolled a couple of fresh blackberries in sugar and stuck them on a toothpick! I’m fancy like that!
- A jigger is 1.5 ounces – this is cocktails, not science so just go with the flow and measure with your heart!
- Colored sugar or festive sprinkles would be fun to rim the glass with – simply dip the rim in water or simple syrup then into the sprinkles!
- You can buy or make simple syrup – to make it is a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water heated until the sugar dissolves and then cooled.
Black Widow Cocktail
- 6 ounces blackberry juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- blackberries and sugar for garnish
- Mix the juice, vodka, simple syrup, and ice in a glass or a cocktail shaker.If using a cocktail shaker once mixed pour over fresh ice.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries rolled in sugar.
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…