We love smoked sausage, pasta and cheese – so throw in some bell peppers and onions for veggies and this super simple Cheesy Smoked Sausage Bowties were a hit with the family!
This is one of those easy meals that pleases the whole family! I love one skillet meals and this comes close to that – except for the pot you cook your bowties in its all done in one pan! It’s the little things like less clean up that makes meals taste even better!
Smoked sausage is under-rated! It is so versatile, easy to prepare, protein packed and super affordable – breakfast, lunch or supper. You might even call it a fancy hog dog and I’m good with that! We always have some in our fridge, they make great quick sandwiches to serve with mac and cheese or throw a fried egg on top and a great breakfast!
Cheesy Smoked Sausage Bowties
This is a super easy meal that looks fancy and tastes amazing!! We always but the skinless smoked sausage but honestly use the kind you like best!
I bet you could spice this up with some cajun seasonings for those in the family that like some heat!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced (yellow or sweet)
- 2 diced bell peppers (any color)
- 1-2 cups sliced smoked sausage
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, munster, parmesan -any kind you love)
- 1 pound bow tie pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
- sliced green onions to garnish and for taste
- Melt butter in large skillet on med high heat, add onions and bell peppers, cook until softened
- Add the sausage and cook until sausage is warm and browned
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to boil, turn heat down and simmer till thickened
- Add the cheese and cooked pasta, stir to combine and melt cheese
- Garnish with green onions and eat