Looking for something different, give this Corn and Black Bean Salsa a go! Super easy to throw together for a snack or get-together.
So there are probably a million corn salsa recipes out there so I’m throwing this one in the ring with them. I got this recipe from a really good friend years ago and love it so much, I felt the need to share!
This recipe specially calls for shoe peg corn, to be honest I wasn’t exactly sure what that was. So I did the only thing I knew, I Googled it!
According to Wikipedia:
So to me Shoepeg corn seems a lot closer to the sweet corn that we put up in summer, which we usually put up when it’s smaller kernels that corn in the can.
Corn And Black Bean Salsa
While my husband would eat this stuff with a spoon, I like to serve it with corn chips, but just about any chip will work. Tortilla chips and plain potato chips work great.
This is a perfect recipe for get-togethers. It can be made ahead of time and actually gets better the longer it sits.
Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 2 cans white shoe peg corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 bell pepper, diced small dealers choice on color
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- Stir together the apple cider vinegar and sugar, set aside
- In a large bowl stir together corn, black beans, onion, red pepper, cilantro and lime juice
- Pour vinegar/sugar mixture over corn mixture and stir to mix well
- Store in refrigerator till ready to use, the longer this "marinates" the better it tastes
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…