This is my version of Crock Pot Angel Chicken! There are a million out there, this is the one we have become accustomed to and love.
Liz over at Farmwife Cooks first introduced me to Angel Chicken. When I pulled up her recipe to make a while back and realized I didn’t have any Cream of Mushroom. I was shocked, it is a staple in this house for lots of recipes! But I noticed my pantry was over run with cans of Cream of Chicken, so I improvised, and it paid off!
I popped this in the crock pot the other day before I went out to feed and bed down the cattle!
It was perfect timing, when I came in I was able to shut the crock pot off, boil the spaghetti and got supper on the table just as everyone else was coming in to eat!
Crock Pot Angel Chicken
This will make a great supper when you get home from work and have just enough time to pop something quick and easy in the crock pot to cook while running errands or kids to practices.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders or 4 chicken breasts cut into tenders for quicker cooking
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 10.5 ounce can of Cream of Chicken
- 4 ounces or ½ cup of onion and chive cream cheese
- 1 ounce packet dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, prepared according to package directions
- Turn crock pot onto high to start warming it up
- Put butter, chicken stock, Cream of chicken, cream cheese and Italian salad dressing mix into crockpot and whisk together as it warms up
- Place chicken pieces in crockpot with mixture
- Cover crock pot and allow to cook on high for 2-2.5 hours or low for 4-4.5 hours - adjusting for your crockpot. Internal chicken temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Serve over angel hair pasta-or your really any pasta will work