These are literally the easiest homemade donuts you will ever make – Easy Homemade Donuts will be begged for! I even make them when the kids aren’t home for myself!
My Mom made these when I was a kid, it was always a huge treat – fresh, hot donuts! And you can top anyway you want – they make a Saturday morning breakfast super special or a great after school snack!
I call these homemade donuts but I suppose technically they are ‘semi-homemade’! These are made from canned biscuits but don’t let that fool ya – they taste just like a donut, a fresh hot, yummy, sweet donuts!
I don’t have a deep fryer I use my electric skillet, you could totally use a pan on the stove as well – I just like the temperature control on an electric skillet or deep fryer – I’m easily side tracked!!
Kids love to help with this part! I use one of my cake decorating tips to take the centers out – you can use anything round and small!
Separate the biscuits!
Cut the ‘holes’ out!
And fry, fry like there’s no tomorrow!
These will go fast so be sure you’re holding a couple back for yourself!
Once they drain and sit a minute they are totally cool enough for the kids to help ice and add sprinkles!
Easy Homemade Donuts
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Boughten can of biscuits
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk, just enough to make easy flow icing
- Cut the centers out of each of the biscuits, saving centers to make donut holes.
- Fry donuts and holes in preheated oil, turning as bottom gets done and browned to fry other side.
- Remove from fryer to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Dip one side of the donut in the icing and top with sprinkles.
If you like fried dough as much as I do you’re gonna wanna make my funnel cakes too!