I’m making all the things with gingerbread rum and that of course had to include cake. Gingerbread Rum Bundt Cake is a winner for sure!
So the other day while browsing the liquor store, because yes I browse the liquor store, this gingerbread rum totally caught my eye!
BECAUSE I LOVE GINGERBREAD!
And alcohol flavored gingerbread…..sign me up! So I snagged that bottle and put it to work! That bottle of flavored rum and I baked all the things, made all the cocktails and sang all the Christmas carols while dancing to our Christmas play list on Spotify!
Gingerbread Rum Bundt Cake
Now if you are unlike me and would prefer the gingerbread flavor sans rum, I’ll allow that! This Gingerbread syrup has your back!
I love cake stands too, so I love to make this in a bundt pan so I can use one of my million stands. However this cake tastes just as fantastic in a 9×13, a couple of loaf pans. If you’re feeling all the love for friends and neighbors make it in these adorable foil mini loaf pans and give them away!
Let’s talk the necessity of sprinkles, because I love them! I have the little gingerbread sprinkles and they are adorable, I sprinkle those things on everything I can during the holidays! And, come on, they are a must for this cake and my Gingerbread Bars!
More Gingerbread Rum Recipes coming soon!
Gingerbread Rum Bundt Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Gingerbread Rum or syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons Gingerbread Rum
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and dry ground ginger - set aside
- Combine milk and Gingerbread Rum - set aside
- Cream the butter with electric mixer in a large bowl, add sugar and continue to beat for 2-3 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time to butter and sugar - mix until well combined
- With mixer on low speed alternatly add dry ingredients and wet ingredients until all have been added and cake batter is smooth and well combined
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan, distribute batter evenly
- Bake in a pre-heated 350° oven for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle
- Combine powdered sugar and gingerbread rum
- Drizzle over cake
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…