Granny’s Cranberry Jello Salad is the only cranberry salad I will eat! It’s creamy, smooth, so tasty and super easy to put together!
I got this recipe from my sister’s mother-in-law and it has quickly become a staple on our Thanksgiving table.
Why is it things always taste better when someone else makes them? The first time I tried to make this – well let’s just say it tasted alright but wasn’t pretty to look at! I was so excited too, I had made my first Jello salad! Yep you read that right this is the first Jello salad I ever made – and to be honest the only one. I’m a little bit of a Jello purist, I am normally not a fan of things floating around in my Jello!
But this changed my mind! Remember to let your Jello set up a bit before adding the other ingredients or the cranberries sink to the bottom and the nuts float to the top, and well it’s just not the same!
Granny’s Cranberry Jello Salad
I know cranberry salad is historically a Thanksgiving tradition but this is so easy and good, it could be used for any meal, a pitch-in favorite or as my son likes, a great afternoon snack!
- 1 6 ounce box of cherry jello
- 1 can of whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of pecans
- Prepare jello according to directions and allow to slightly start setting up in the refrigerator
- Add remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly and allow to completely set up in the refrigerator
- BONUS - can be made a day ahead of time