These Chicken Taco Bowls are a super easy crock pot recipe that pleases everyone on busy nights! The cilantro makes this slow cooker meal taste super fresh no matter the time of the year!
Can I tell you that I used to make these all the time! I had the recipe scribbled on a little piece of paper – it was crusty and stained and I lost it! I was sad! I literally had to stare at these pictures not remembering the exact recipe and therefore not making them for quite some time and not being able to share the recipe with you.
I tried several different things to recreate this but since this isn’t just a taco seasoning packet (which by the way I am not opposed to) this just didn’t have the same flavor.
Then one day looking for another recipe that little crusty stained piece of paper was just there, right in front of me and I swear angels sang and the sun shone brighter!
Chicken Taco Bowls
Apparently ‘bowls’ are the new hot thing to eat so here is my version! Just for the record they taste just as delicious when you eat them on a plate so don’t feel pressure if you don’t have bowls!
This is so easy to throw in the crockpot in the morning, then whip up some Minute Rice and chop up some fresh cilantro and supper is served!
Don’t forget the fresh cilantro——I love my crock pot but let’s be honest sometimes crock pot food lacks that ‘fresh’ factor – and the cilantro adds it to this dish so easily!
Chicken Taco Bowls
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans rinsed
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 can of corn
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- salt and pepper
- Serve over your favorite white rice topped with shredded cheddar cheese and fresh diced cilantro!
- Add all ingredients except chicken to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Place chicken in crock pot and cover chicken completely in mixture.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Serve over your favorite white rice, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and fresh diced cilantro!