Why is it I was never a fan of actual Stuffed Pepper but put the same ingredients in a soup and I love it! Put those ingredients in the Instant Pot for my Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup and WOW!
I’ve been super focused on how to make my Instant Pot pay! Another kitchen appliance that I bought, another kitchen appliance to store, another kitchen appliance………
I’d been craving Stuffed Pepper Soup so I thought why not give the Instant Pot a chance to shine – and shine it did! And while it was cooking/pressurizing or whatever magic it works it hit me!
I was able to walk away, walk out of the kitchen! I didn’t have to stick close to make sure it wasn’t burning, boiling over but was still cooking!
So I sat down and played on social media, watched an episode of Friends, – I mean I was able to run the sweeper, fold laundry!
It occurred to me during the spring and fall this was the key! I will be able to come in throw supper in the Instant Pot and have the time it is cooking to run back out and do feeding chores, help move equipment around for the next day, watch my middle play softball and still be able to put a hot meal on the table even after a long day!
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 bell peppers, any color, large diced
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 5 cups beef broth
- ¾ cup long cooking rice, not cooked
- Couple dashes of Red Hot (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Serve with shredded parmesan or cheddar cheese on top
- Set Instant Pot to saute and brown the hamburger and onion
- Once browned add the garlic and bell peppers, sauce a little longer
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beef broth and uncooked rice
- Add salt, pepper and Red Hot
- Set Instant Pot to cook pressure cook for 8 minutes-because the Instant Pot is really full it will take a bit to come up to pressure
- Once done cooking can do natural release or quick release depending on how big of a hurry you're in to eat!
- Quick release carefully and slowly!