These homemade Crispy Chewy Granola Bars are a huge hit and can be customized to your liking! Super easy to make a double batch and keep on hand!
This granola bars are a hug hit, it’s taken me years to put together a granola bar recipe I like! One that is light, airy, chewy, sweet, crispy but not crunchy – I might be a little picky!
My middle plays softball and this has become a must make on my snack day, a granola bar and a milk chug and happy softball players you will have!
I’ve watched this kid play softball since she was 5 years old! I remember her first game, sitting in the stands and suddenly looking up to see the coach put catching gear on her, wearing a pink batting helmet and beating the crap out of home plate every time she got up to bat!
Crispy Chewy Granola Bars
So they might not be perfectly shaped and in all honesty if you don’t heat the mixture up to just above soft ball stage they don’t hold their shape perfectly…..but but but the taste totally makes up for it! Don’t let my honesty deter you, please – these truly are super good – I just like to be up front!
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- Possible Add-ins: mini chocolate chips, mini M&M's, nuts, sprinkles......the list is endless
- Combine oats and Rice Krispies in a large bowl.
- Combine honey, butter, brown sugar in a sauce pan - bring to slow boil and cook to just above soft ball stage or for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over dry mixture and stir together throughly.
- Mix in your add-ins.
- Press tightly into a cookie sheet, allow to cool.