These Loaded Steak Fries are the ultimate side for grilled steaks or really anything grilled! Serve my awesome Spicy Ranch Dip alongside and they will fast become a family favorite!
While we grill pretty much year round at this house I realize not everyone does, but can you believe it that ‘grilling season’ is literally at our back doors? Spring tends to be a busy time of the year – the urge to get outside is strong and grilling is a great way to get supper on the table and be out doors so simple delicious side dishes, like these fries that you pop in the oven make watching the grill easy!
I don’t fry my fries I bake them in the oven – I used to deep fry them but storing the oil and the fryer and cleaning up the oil and the fryer made me never want to make fries. These steak fries actually get crispy in the oven and make clean-up a breeze!
I simply follow the package directions on the fries for the oven method, however I do leave them in a little longer, just keep an eye on them! I also salt them before I put them in, the salt helps flavor the fries while they bake!
And while the melted cheese, crispy bacon, green onions and sour cream make these loaded fries a hit, it really is the dipping sauce that sends them over the top amazing! Who would of thought Ranch dressing, chili powder and cayenne pepper would make loaded fries taste even better?
But I do have to admit that pouring the warm bacon grease on those hot fries is in and of itself kind of genius!!
Loaded Steak Fries
Loaded Steak Fries
- 1 bag Steak Fries prepared according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - more or less depending on your taste
- 5 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled; save the bacon grease
- 3-4 green onion sliced
- Sour cream optional
- 1 cup of Ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less depending on your taste
- Making sure to use an oven proof plate, scatter cooked fries on serving platter.
- Cover evenly in shredded cheese.
- Now pour the bacon grease evenly over the cheese and fries.
- Scatter bacon crumbles on top.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese melts, watch carefully, it doesn't take long and remember the plate will be hot.
- Scatter the green onions on top once the cheese is melted, top with some dollops of sour cream and serve with the dipping sauce.
- combine Rance dressing, chili powder and cayenne pepper