Quick Hamburger Vegetable Soup, an easy stovetop meal. Keep 3 simple pantry and freezer ingredients on hand for this hearty soup.
Half the battle when making meals for the family is merely ideas. “Recipes” that I haven’t over made a million times that don’t take a lot of prep.
Scrapping the bottom of my idea barrel the other day I decided to grab my Grandmother’s Recipe Box. I’ve used it a million times but this time this recipe caught my attention.
Quick Hamburger Vegetable Soup
This soup is excellent to make a double batch of for quick-to-go lunches during the week. Put a serving in your favorite to-go container, mine is a mason jar, and lunches are ready to grab.
Shake It Up
This recipe is great as is but you can totally make it all your own. A recipe can be merely a jumping-off point, particularly when it comes to soup. A soup “recipe” is easy to tweak and make just the way your family likes it!
- Dice up an onion and mix in when frying the hamburger.
- Add a can of diced tomatoes
- Shredded cabbage for a more traditional take on vegetable soup
- Spices will spice it up – Italian Seasonings, Herbs de Provance, your favorite Cajun mix
- Saute some garlic when frying the hamburger
Feel like you got off easy making supper? Serve it with this easy homemade bread, just don’t tell your family how easy the whole meal was!
Easy Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 64 ounce bottle tomato juice
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables - carrots, green beans, corn, peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the hamburger in a pan, large enough to also hold the tomato juice and vegetables, until done, and drain off any excess fat.
- Add the tomato juice and frozen vegetable to the hamburger and heat on medium-high heat until soup comes to a slow boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve