Surprise Butter Cake, because SURPRISE I love butter and cake! It’s ooey-gooey good, made with cream cheese, yellow cake mix, and butter – what’s not to love!
It was love at first sight when I saw this recipe in the Gooseberry Patch cookbook Mom’s Very Best Recipes. It literally spoke straight to my soul – my soul has a sweet tooth!
You guys I am distracted so easily! Like I have started to work on this post 5 times, I type a sentence and get distracted!
Like just before this sentence it was Facebook, which prompted me to change my signboard, then take a picture, then post to Facebook!
I literally mutter this to myself every day while scrolling Facebook-my shit is never in a pile, I’m a walking hot mess so it was either this positive saying or “Suck It Up Buttercup”!
Which then prompted to me to use my full name JENNIFER LEIGH -focus, people need this cake in their life, finish this recipe post.
And remember that I am “blessed” even when my life is a hot mess!
Surprise Butter Cake
Everybody deserves this cake, I can’t even believe how easy it is and how addictive it is to eat!
Surprise Butter Cake
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 4 eggs,divided
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, butter and 2 eggs. Blend well to make a very thick batter. Pat into the bottom of a greased 13"x9" baking pan; set aside.
- Beat together remaining ingredients - 2 eggs, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract; pour over cake mix batter.
- Bake at 350° pre-heated oven for 30 to 35 minutes; do not overbake.Topping will look runny, but will set as it cools.
- I can't wait till it cools, because it's ooey and gooey and good! This also browns super easy!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…