Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are the quickest way to get that pumpkin fix we all crave in the fall! I call these semi-homemade because you “spice” up a cake mix with some pumpkin!
What is it about the temperature cooling down just a tad, the rustle of leaves on the trees and the start of a school year that suddenly makes people crave pumpkin?
Like without even looking at a calendar I know when fall is near because my body just says “I NEED PUMPKIN”!
And honestly can we focus on that cream cheese icing! It’s out of a can you guys – no shame in my game! No one will ever know when you using a basic icing tip to decorate the cupcakes with a swirl.
AND YES YOU CAN DO IT!
This Wilton cupcake set is my favorite – use it with boughten canned icing or homemade! It makes even box mix cupcakes look bakery special!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
These are simple – I love a really good simple recipe! I found this in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and couldn’t resist. They have so many fun fall ones. These are made with a cake mix base and pairs well with cream cheese icing. Those are both no-brainers for me.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes:
Easiest Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- cream cheese icing store bought or homemade - dealers choice
- Stir together cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in a large bowl until well blended. Beat with an electric mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. I use muffin liners for easy clean-up!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until centers test done.
- Allow to cool completely, then ice with the cream cheese icing.
This post is sponsored by the Glass Barn, Indiana Soybean and Corn Farmers but all thoughts and opinions are my own.