Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are the quickest way to get that pumpkin fix we all crave in the fall! I call these semi-homemade because you “spice” up a cake mix with some pumpkin!
What is it about the temperature cooling down just a tad, the rustle of leaves on the trees and the start of a school year that suddenly makes people crave pumpkin?
Like without even looking at a calendar I know when fall is near because my body just says “I NEED PUMPKIN”!
And honestly can we focus on that cream cheese icing! It’s out of a can you guys – no shame in my game! No one will ever know when you using a basic icing tip to decorate the cupcakes with a swirl.
AND YES YOU CAN DO IT!
This Wilton cupcake set is my favorite – use it with boughten canned icing or homemade! It makes even box mix cupcakes look bakery special!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
These are simple – I love a really good simple recipe! I found this in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and couldn’t resist. They have so many fun fall ones. These are made with a cake mix base and pairs well with cream cheese icing. Those are both no-brainers for me.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes:
Easiest Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- cream cheese icing store bought or homemade - dealers choice
- Stir together cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in a large bowl until well blended. Beat with an electric mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. I use muffin liners for easy clean-up!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until centers test done.
- Allow to cool completely, then ice with the cream cheese icing.