I was so excited to get this Sweet Apple Dessert Pizza recipe from a friend. She brought it to a church pitch-in and I was obcessed from the first piece to my fifth!
When you start with a sugar cookie dough you know this has to be good!
I made this as easy on myself as possible – I bought sugar cookie dough, I used my favorite apple peeler and corer and then diced the apples quickly, I used already chopped nuts and used ice cream topping caramel.
I also went for the “rustic” look! My sugar cookie dough crust isn’t in any particular shape and I chopped my apples instead of slicing! This would be a real show stopper if you made it round using a pizza pan and sliced your apples and fanned them out!
Sweet Apple Dessert Pizza
- 1 pkg (16.5 ounce) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 pkg (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter or caramel - dealers choice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 (depending on size) apples peeled and diced
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Spread cookie dough onto sheet pan or pizza pan
- Bake at 350 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes until brown, allow to cool
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and peanut butter or caramel and vanilla
- Spread over cooled cookie
- Place diced apples over the spread
- Drizzle caramel topping over apples
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top