I love pie and I love lemon and I love all lemon pies! So when I saw this recipe for Lemon Luscious Pie I was all about it! It is creamy tart and an easy Cool Whip topping!
I found this recipe in the 1985 Readers Cookbook put out by The Shelbyville News! I am having so much fun going through these old cookbooks that the newspaper used to put out in the county I grew up in!
This Lemon Lucious Pie immediately caught my eye! It earned Ms Riddle of Cincinnati Ohio Second Place! Well I’ll tell you what – it would of won first place if I was the judge!
It’s super easy to put together and tastes so dreamy – yes I dream of pie!
After I made and ate this pie I had to go back and see what recipe could of possibly placed above this pie – well Ms Anell from Shelbyville placed first with her Chocolate Sundae Layer Dessert – it calls for Oreos! Can you guess what I’ll be making next?
Lemon Lucious Pie
I love lemon, here are more of my favorite lemon recipes:
Lemon Lucious Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 unbeaten egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1 container Cool Whip topping
- In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch
- Add butter, lemon rind, lemon juice egg yolks and milk to sugar and corn starch
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and allow to cool slightly
- Fold in sour cream, combine completely and allow to cool
- Spoon into baked pie shell and top whole pie with Cool Whip
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…