These cheesy potatoes are yum yum, hence the reason we call them Yum Yum Cheesy Potatoes! This recipe makes a 9×13 pan and we never have any left!
This recipe is awesome. Creamy, cheesy and delicious.
I have been eating this since I can remember at Easter dinners at my paternal grandparents, but it’s so easy that I have no clue why we didn’t have this once a week! It’s easy to throw together because all the ingredients are easy to keep on hand for those times when the fridge feels bare of fresh from the grocery store items but pantry and freezer items are stocked!
Yum Yum Cheesy Potatoes
While this dish is an easy side for any meat I love it with pork……BBQ pork, pork burgers, BBQ smoked chops, ham, ham steaks, ham loaf, pork ribs…….
There are several variations of this dish but I am a firm lover of the original! So much so that it is part of my family hand-written recipe back splash in my kitchen in my Grandmother’s handwriting!
Her original recipe calls for Cream of Potato soup – none on hand, no fear substitutes are acceptable! Try Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken or Cream of Cheese (is that a thing?) – ten bucks says your family will still eat it up! And not of fan of canned cream soups here is a link to an easy homemade cream soup!
- 32 oz. bag of diced frozen hash browns
- 2 cans Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 lb container of sour cream
- 1 lb of shredded cheese, grated
- 1 stick of butter, cut into small cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring until well combined, spread in a 9X13 pan.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes.