I think the title Easy Cast Iron Skillet Hamburger Steaks is a title that says it all. A comfort food recipe that the whole family will love.
This has been a family favorite for several years and having pre-made patties makes this meal super easy to throw together but still be comfort food at it’s finest. So when I had the chance to try Sumner Point Beef and my package contained pre-pattied 1/3 of a pound burgers this went on the menu!
Easy Cast Iron Skillet Hamburger Steaks
I’m all about ordering my groceries on line, and if Amazon carries it that’s where I am buying it because delivery matters to me! So if I can get quality meat delivered to my home like this Sumner Point Beef, you can count me in! Check out their Facebook page too!
- 4 hamburger patties
- 1 medium onion, halved then rough chopped
- 4 Tablespoons butter-divided
- 5-8 ounces of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 packages 0.87 ounce size brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in skillet on medium heat
- Add onions, sauté until tender - Add mushrooms and stir together and saute a few minutes longer
- Move onions and mushrooms around making room to add each hamburger patty to the pan, salt and pepper each patty
- Divide the the last Tablespoon of butter into quarters and top each patty with a piece, cover with the mushrooms and onions
- Flip the burgers- giving 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of burgers, scatter mushrooms and onions on top
- Whisk both packets of brown gravy with 2 cups of water in a bowl
- Once burgers have cooked on each side, pour mixed gravy into the pan bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook till burgers are cooked through.
Sumner Point provided me the meat but the rest is all mine!