Add beef to a salad and I’m always in. Black and Bleu Salad made with steak and bleu cheese is my absolute favorite salad.
The great thing about salads is they can be customized to each family member……within reason!
Someone doesn’t like green onions, leave them off! Someone loves green onions, give them extra. It’s the same with any ingredient in a salad really, it can be about making it what works for each person without having to make a bunch of different dishes.
This is a great lunch option for work as well, because you can prep everything the night before, even the steak. Fry or grill a couple of steaks while you are cooking dinner or prepping meals – steak is amazing cold. Or if you prefer you can re-heat it before you put it on your salad at lunchtime!
Black and Bleu Salad
This salad fascinates me because it brings 3 pretty bold flavors together and make them really work. Caesar dressing and bleu cheese both are bold flavors, add in the salty, nutty taste of the parmesan and it always surprises me how well they meld together.
- 1 6-8 ounce steak of your choice - sirloin works great, so does a filet
- 3-4 handfuls of your favorite lettuce mix-iceberg, romaine, American blend
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 ounces of crumbled bleu cheese
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Favorite croutons
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into wedges
- Favorite Caesar salad dressing
- Grill or fry your steak to the doneness you prefer, beef steaks should b cooked to at least 145 degrees
- Prepare salad-start with lettuce, sprinkle on green onions, add tomato wedges, bleu cheese crumbles
- Pour on salad dressing
- Slice cooked steak and lay on top
- Finish with croutons and parmesan cheese shavings
Linked up to Meal Plan Monday
More of my favorite salads: