These Chocolate Chip Cookies are a family favorite, the Original Nestle Toll House Recipe with an addition of corn starch! Yes, corn starch in cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies are the go to cookie and there are probably close to a million ways to make them but always a go to. My recipe is the Nestle Toll House recipe with the addition of corn starch!
Why corn starch? Well I’m not a scientist and I don’t even fully understand why or how but it helps breakdown the proteins in the flour. Why breakdown the proteins in the flour? Well it helps make the cookies softer because I love soft cookies!
We had a blind taste test and the version with corn starch won hands down!
A lot of the corn we grow on our farm is used for corn starch. As a matter of fact between 70 and 80 billion bushels of corn grown in Indiana is used for corn starch.
There used to be a commercial that said “there’s more than corn in Indiana” but personally I’m thankful for all the corn in Indiana and that products we use everyday come from that corn!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
It seems there a million ways to make chocolate chip cookies anymore and I’m not gonna turn any down!
Linked up to Weekend Potluck – you should check it out!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips - I love the mini ones
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Combine flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt in a small bowl
- Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl with electric mixer until creamy
- Add eggs to mixer, one at a time
- Slowly add flour mixture a little at a time until all of it is combined
- Stir in chocolate chips, and nuts if you are adding them
- Drop by rounded Tablespoon onto cookie sheets
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until doneness you desire in a 375° pre-heated oven
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
But All Opinions Are My Own
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…