Holy Cow, these Cheddar Jalapeno Beer Drop Biscuits are finger licking good. Beer, self-rising flour, cheese and jalapeños are all it takes!
So one day while making my 2 Ingredient Beer Bread it occurred to me how awesome cheese would be. Then as I was getting the cheese out of the refrigerator I saw the jalapeño jar and grabbed it too. Of course then I was on a roll and thought tiny drop biscuits would get done faster than bread, which meant I could eat these that much sooner.
You are gonna want to use your favorite beer for this recipe because there will be just a slight beery taste. I’ve used both the Traditional Yuengling as well as the Light Yuengling which is my favorite beer to drink. So you can use either a light beer or regular!
Cheddar Jalapeno Beer Drop Biscuits
These are so super easy to make and while I love them with cheddar and jalapenos totally do your thing! Change up the cheese, forget the jalapenos. You could totally add bacon bits, that would be amazing!
I made these as drop biscuits but you could make this as a loaf just as easily and it would be every bit as delicious! Keep in mind this is a shaggy sticky dough, so these will have a rustic look.
- 1 12 ounce beer
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-3 Tablespoons pickled jalapenos-finely chopped your choice on how many depending on how much heat you want
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese Divided
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Additional pickeled jalapenos for garnish
- Combine the beer and self-rising flour in a bowl until mixed completely - dough will be shaggy or rough texture looking
- Carefully stir in ¾ cup of the shredded cheese AND 1-3 Tablespoons of the finely chopped jalapenos-depending on how much heat you like
- Drop by the Tablespoon onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray
- Bake in a 375° pre-heated oven for 12-13 minutes, remove from oven baste each biscuit with the melted butter, top with a little shredded cheese and a piece of pickled jalapeno then place back in the oven for 3-5 more minutes