Crock Pot Creamy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham is the perfect way to use leftover ham from holiday meals or an easy meal for busy families. This makes a great meal by simply adding some steamed veggies or a salad.
Sometimes I feel like I spend all my time re-inventing the wheel because I can’t see the forest for the trees! How’s that for a description for finally finding a recipe for scalloped potatoes.
After 3 failed recipes it suddenly occurred to me I have a delicious cheesy potato recipe it just needed tweaked – so tweaking is what I did!
Crock Pot Creamy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
What I love about this is the multiple options for the ham! This makes a great use of leftover holiday ham or you can buy packaged diced ham to make this any time of the year. The other day we had some leftover smoked chops and they worked perfectly in this as well.
This is so easy to and simple, a full meal with a quick addition of steam veggies, carrot sticks or even a fruit salad!
- 32 oz. bag of diced frozen hash browns
- 1 can Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 lb container of sour cream
- 1 lb of shredded cheese, any kind or combination works
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups petite diced ham-left over ham or smoked chops work great
- 4 Tablespoons, cut into small cubes
- Combine soups, sour cream, cheese, and cream in crock pot
- Stir in diced frozen hash browns and diced ham
- Scatter butter cubes on top
- Put lid on and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours
This post is sponsored by Indiana’s 3,000 pig farmers who encourage you to Fork More Pork when planning your meals, but the opinions are all my own!