These Dreamy Triple Layer Jello Cups are yummy! Seriously that’s the word I am choosing ‘YUMMY’ and while they look like 3 layers there’s actually only 2 layers of jello to mix and let set! So you look like a Jello genius in a lot less time-but that’s just between you and me!
I love Jello, it makes me smile! I have ignored Jello for quite a few years now but no longer! After my reunion with Finger Jello I have a renewed love of this fruity flavored fun dish!
When Liz over at Farmwife Cooks called me and said “I have a project idea” I said “I’m in”…….then I asked what the project was! It’s kind of how I roll!
She said I want to do meal’s based off of the colors of the rainbow! Sarah at Farmwife Crafts will do a craft for each color, Leah at Farmwife Drinks will do a drink for each color and I was put in charge of desserts!
And of course you could do Jello for any color of the rainbow but I choose purple! Grape Jello and Cool Whip sounded yummy and I thought the purple would be so pretty in my Sundae cups!
Dreamy Triple Layer Jello Cups
- 2 3 ounce boxes of grape jello
- 2-3 cups of Cool Whip
- Mix one cup of boiling water with one box of grape jello, stir until until fully dissolved then add one cup of cold water
- Divide between the cups you choose to use, refrigerate and allow this layer to set up
- Once first layer is set up mix second box of jello with one cup of boiling water until completely dissolved and add a cup of cold, now stir in one cup of cool whip and combine throughly
- Divide among cups pouring directly over the first layer of set up Jello
- Place back in the refrigerator until this layer sets up - this layer will separate giving the appearance of 2 layers
- Top with additional Cool Whip and serve