Jello Jigglers ain’t got nothing on Finger Jello! Turn that into Valentine’s Finger Jello the love will be flowing and your kids will think you can do magic!
These are my Valentine’s:
I love them……..most of the time! Just kidding, they are really good kids with work ethic I sometimes think I still don’t possess. They never cease to amaze me!
We aren’t big Valentine’s Day celebration people – we don’t do cards or presents, as a matter of fact someone in this house says he doesn’t believe in Valentine’s Day, but I love him anyway!
For some reason when I was thinking about the upcoming holiday I thought of Finger Jello – don’t ask me I couldn’t begin to even think of the connection but it was there! And I needed Finger Jello immediately!
Finger Jello is a blast from my childhood, it was a favorite when I was a kid and I felt somewhat like a failure as a Mother that my kids hadn’t experienced it yet! I felt the need to remedy that right away so we grabbed some strawberry jello, the heart cookie cutter and laughed while making memories!
Mixing jello and heavy cream together, having it separate into layers was like magic when I was little and as an adult I still don’t know the scientific explanation but just assume it is still magic!
You honestly can’t help but smile while eating Finger Jello!
Valentine’s Finger Jello
Valentine's Finger Jello
- 2 large packages Jello - we used Strawberry
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Combine the flavored Jello packets and the unflavored gelatin in a bowl, slowly add the boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in the cup of heavy cream until combined.
- Pour into a a shallow dish and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares or use a cookie cutter for shapes.
- I used a 18X13 cookie sheet to make make the jello thinner.