With just 3 ingredients you can have homemade Easy Rhubarb Jam. Great on your morning toast, used in savory dishes with pork or in sweets!
When rhubarb comes on you better be all in! There are tons of recipes and rhubarb can be frozen but if your looking for a way to use it up before it wilts make jam.
Jam is always the answer, trust me!
This recipe made 5 perfectly filled half-pint jars! Not too much, not too little! That rhubarb really cooks down. And while it seems like a lot of sugar, remember rhubarb is very tart!
Easy Rhubarb Jam
I’m going to share with you the Number Uno reason I make this jam, for my Homemade Rhubarb Donuts. Hands down, Number One, Top of the List reason for needing this jam. But the bonus reasons work also. You know things like on your morning toast!
I love how super simple this is! Three simple ingredients make a jam that works for sweet and savory dishes!
How to make Rhubarb Jam:
- Collect your rhubarb! Wash it, trim it and cut into approximately 1/2 inch pieces
- Place your rhubarb in a pan, add sugar and lemon juice – stir
- Bring mixture to a boil, cook and stir for an additional 15-18 minutes until thick
- Place in clean jars to cool, screw on a lid and store in the refrigerator
All the rhubarb recipes:
- Homemade Rhubarb Donuts
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake Crisp
- Grandma’s Rhubarb Bars
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Easy Rhubarb Jam
- 7 cups rhubarb washed, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Add your chopped rhubarb, sugar and lemon juice to a medium sized pan and turn the burner onto medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Once boiling cook and stir frequently for 15-18 more minutes until mixture thickens.
- Pour into clean glass jars and allow to cool. Place lids on and store in the refrigerator.