I love Lemon Meringue Pie, love it! And while I’m not to proud to make it with a box of lemon pudding this recipe from my husbands Grandma Hensley is a family favorite! Made with a fresh squeezed lemon or juice from concentrate, it’s all good!
I love pie, did I already say that? But it’s so true! I’ve always said I intend to spend my old age sitting on my front porch eating pie! I’ll make pies, people can bring me pies, I’ll buy pies!
Lemon pies probably top my list of favorite pie! I like that you can make this pie with lemon concentrate or with fresh squeezed lemons! How lucky are we that we live in a world where here in the middle of Indiana we can get fresh lemons virtually any time of the year – I think I sometimes take that for granted!
Lemon Meringue Pie
I’m just gonna add here for future reference that the boy told me my meringue just melted in his mouth!
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed or from concentrate
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- Cooled baked pie crust
- 6 egg whites
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- In a saucepan combine sugar and flour
- Whisk in beaten egg yolks, hot water and lemon juice
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and margarine
- Cook over low to medium heat, stirring to avoid scorching until thickened.
- Allow to cool and put into baked pie crust
- Beat egg whites in mixer while gradually adding sugar
- Mix until stiff peaks are formed
- Spread on filled pie crust and brown meringue slightly in 350 degree oven
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…