Mother’s Apple Pie
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
God Bless America and Mother’s Apple Pie! Or in this case my husbands Grandma’s Apple Pie, but this old handwritten family recipe is titled “Mother’s Apple Pie”!
Chris loves apple pie – I mean he seriously loves apple pie but this apple pie recipe is the one he requests the most! It has a creamy sweet layer between the bottom crust and the apples that he describes as almost like a thin layer of sugar cream!
This recipe comes from his side of the family, it is his Mom’s Mom’s recipe and I’m lucky to have it in handwriting! I love handwritten recipes, they speak to me just as much as old photographs.
While the backsplash in my kitchen is covered in family handwritten recipes, the farm office walls in our house are covered in family farm photographs. I love being surrounded by memories while making memories!
From the picture in our farm office, to the perfect Mother’s Day to driving tractors down the road!
Mother’s Apple Pie
Mother's Apple Pie
- Unbaked pie crust
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6-8 apples peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- Nutmeg or Cinnamon
- Place unbaked pie crust in the pie pan, finish crust edges - this can be a one crust pie or a 2.
- Mix together 1/3 cup flour and 1/4 sugar and spread evenly to crust bottom.
- Lay peeled and sliced apples in even layer over the flour/sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of apples - 1/2 cup sugar, butter cut into small pieces and nutmeg or cinnamon - or both if your feeling adventurous!
- Add water around outer edges of pie until you can see it under the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees until apples are soft, approximently 45-60 minutes.
- Watch your outer crust, can cover with foil or one of those handy dandy pie crust shields!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…
There’s nothing like a good homemade apple pie! Thank you for sharing at our Celebrate365 blog party.