This Orange Liquor Double Chocolate Bundt Cake is a great reason to call the girls over for Mimosas or coffee or both!
Seriously guys, I feel like I’m bucking the system, living life on the edge when I can bake breakfast goodies with liquor. It’s like my wild and crazy side!
I’ve said before coffee cake and bundt cake are simply a loop hole to eat cake before noon – this cake let’s you do that and indulge in a little day drinking!
Orange Liquor Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
So I love Triple Sec, like love it! That’s the my orange liquor of choice for this cake but you choose your favorite. You could also use orange juice in the glaze to keep the orange flavor without the alcohol.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup orange liquor - I used Triple Sec
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional-although this is what makes it double chocolate)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons orange liquor - I used Triple Sec
- Combine dry ingredients - flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, salt-in a bowl and set aside
- In a mixing bowl beat together - vegetable oil, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla
- Once combined slowly add dry ingredients and combine well
- Slowly pour in orange liquor while mixing on low until combined- cake batter will be runny-it's all good
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan
- Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 50-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then remove from pan
- Combine powdered sugar and orange liquor until smooth and drizzle over the cake
- Can add orange zest and/or mini chocolate chips as decoration on top of cake
Linked to Weekend Potluck