This is literally one of the easiest quickest hot side dishes you can make! These Pan Fried Baby Potatoes are super simple and make a complete meal with any meat!
I love potatoes – all kinds! Fried, mashed, boiled, baked, made into soup……….all the potatoes no matter the size or color either!
But these Pan Fried Baby Potatoes are literally the easiest to make! Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, Supper – any time of the day, any meal! Serve them with gravy, or ketchup, or Red Hot, with cheese sprinkled on top or plain!
Literally quarter the potatoes, throw them in a pan, add salt, pepper and fry them up to a golden brown on the outside, creamy on the inside!
When I fry things I love to use a combination of vegetable oil and butter! The vegetable oil helps the butter have a higher cooking temperature than plain butter so it doesn’t burn as quickly or easily! And the butter because, well it’s butter, a lot of flavor!
My favorite meal to serve these with are my Fried Smothered Pork Chops, the gravy over the potatoes is so good and it has just enough kick to really flavor the potatoes for those that like a little more umph than just salt and pepper!
These would be amazing with your favorite seasoned salt sprinkled over them as well!
Pan Fried Baby Potatoes
A super easy last minute side dish!
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1.5 pound bag of small, baby, dutch, little potatoes - quartered
- Salt and Pepper to taste or your favorite seasoned salt like Lawry's
- Heat oil and butter in skillet
- Add quartered potatoes and salt and pepper
- Allow to fry, stir occasionally allowing to potatoes brown
- Lower heat, cover pan and steam and cook till potatoes are fork tender