These little individual Pumpkin Hand Pie desserts are cute, tasty and just the right size dessert for after that big Thanksgiving meal if your too full for a whole piece of pumpkin pie!
Or if you’re like me and love the buttery flakiness of pie crust just a little more than the pumpkin pie filling. then these are perfect! And the sugar sprinkles on top are a bonus.
My 16 year old decided she wanted to try her hand at a full on traditional Thanksgiving meal here at home and she knocked it out of the park. Everything from a whole roasted turkey, homemade noodles, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, all the way down to 2 desserts – our family’s favorite apple crisp and these cute little Pumpkin Hand Pies.
She simply rolled out boughten pie dough, used a pumpkin cookie cutter, filled with a tablespoon or so of pumpkin pie filling, topped with another pumpkin pie crust cutout, crimped the edges with a fork and sprinkled with some sugar crystals for good luck!
They were a treat for the eyes and the mouth! A perfect little sweet dessert pumpkin dessert after the amazing traditional Thanksgiving meal she prepared!
Individual Pumpkin Hand Pie
Which makes this recipe all that much easier and so fun for little kids to help in the kitchen!
Pumpkin Hand Pie
- 2 boxes Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg white
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Combine pumpkin pie mix, sweetened condensed milk, egg and flour, stir to combine throughly.
- Roll our pie crust, cut into pumpkin shapes, approx. 60.
- Lay half of the pumpkin pie cutouts on cookie sheets, place approx. a tablespoon of pumpkin pie filling mix on each pumpkin, dab edges with egg white and place another pumpkin cutout on top, presses edges lightly to seal, crimp edges all the way around with a fork.
- Give each one a light brush of egg white and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, checking to make sure they aren't growing too much.
- Yields approx. 2.5 dozen