Simple Creamy Cole Slaw Dressing is easy and homemade. Slaw is a great side dish for any meal and a perfect make-ahead pitch-in offering. Cut your own cabbage or buy a bag of pre-cut and pour on the dressing!
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall cole slaw is a go-to side dish.
Simple Creamy Cole Slaw
If I’m being completely honest this recipe came about because of my love for celery salt, as well as the over abundance I have in my pantry.
Hi, my name is Jennifer and apparently I hoard celery salt!
I am not a fan of the city of Chicago but I absolutely love Chicago Dogs. Neon green relish and sport peppers are near impossible to find around here so I order this Vienna Chicago-Style Condiment Kit and the celery salt is not proportional to the other items. So I have an inordinate amount of celery salt.
Looking for different styles of slaw, well I got your back. Try my Smoky Bacon Slaw for a little spice and for the love of bacon! For a lighter tasting salad with extra flavor, beans and corn try Cilantro Cole Slaw! This Simple Creamy Cole Slaw Dressing would be perfect on these recipes as well!
Simple Creamy Cole Slaw Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise use mayonnaise not salad dressing
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and well combined.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- When ready to use give a quick stir to combine, pour as much as you'd like over your shredded cabbage or pre-cut slaw mix.