Grab the tortilla chips this Quick Easy Homemade Salsa won’t last long. Fresh rough chopped ingredients that you can throw in a blender or food processor for a great snack.
We go through salsa like Grant through Richmond in this house. And to be perfectly honest we buy most of it because I forget how easy and delicious homemade is.
Chris would eat salsa with a spoon, he loves it that much. I’m not even kidding when I say we have run out of chips before and I caught him. He says the chips are the calorie-laden part so why not just eat it with a spoon!!
This salsa can be made in the food processor or a blender. You are looking to pulverize the tomato, onion, and jalapeño so either appliance can accomplish that! I just have a small 3 cup food processor so I process in small batches.
This recipe also makes a great pico – the exact same ingredients only you just dice the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeño to a fine dice. No need to put them in the food processor.
Quick Easy Homemade Salsa
Salsa is a great year-round snack that always tastes summer fresh. With access to fresh vegetables all year its a summer taste even in the winter!
Let’s chat for a moment about choosing tomatoes for salsa! All tomatoes will work, but I will say that a good meaty tomato makes the best salsa in my opinion. A good salsa is about the chunks so the meat is the important part, the juice will follow naturally as the salt interacts with the tomato.
This recipe works great for with my Crock Pot Chicken Tacos for an easy Taco Tuesday!
Quick Easy Homemade Salsa
- 3 cups rough chopped chunks of fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cups rough chopped white onion
- 1-2 jalapenos - seeded and rough chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup fresh cilantro-depending how well you like cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- more salt to taste if needed
- Add the chunks of tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro to your food processor or blender - process until well blended and no large chunks remain
- Pour into a large bowl - add vegetable oil, vinegar, salt and pepper - stir well to combine
- TASTE TEST - add more salt to taste if necessary
- If there is any left store in an air tight container in the refrigerator
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
Linked To Weekend Potluck – Check it Out!
Hey, I’m Jent!
Farmwife Feeds is my little space to share farm life and home-cooked recipes, from my soul to yours. These are the recipes I cook that my family eats. And while you’re here, stay awhile and see some of the farm. I share what’s real, muddy boots and all, so what you see is what you get. Read more…