Sometimes homemade chicken strips are the comfort food you need and these Cheesy Chicken Tenders do the trick! Coated in shredded cheddar and cornflakes, they are full of flavor and have a crunchy coating!
So I’ll be honest, I am not a huge fan of the multiple dipping………
…….all the extra dirty dishes, but these are worth it – trust me!
I never thought chicken strips would be comfort food to me but these totally changed my mind! They have that crunchy cheese breading/coating on the outside and the chicken stays moist and perfectly cooked on the inside!
We go through our fair share of frozen chicken nuggets – my kids – 22, 18, 15 – still love the dinosaur shaped ones! We go through our fair share of frozen chicken strips but these are a whole new level! Oh, we still eat the others because they are fast and convenient but these homemade ones are a special treat that everyone loves!
Cheesy Chicken Tenders
This recipe is in the The Dairy Good Cookbook, a great collection of recipes – “everyday comfort food from America’s Dairy Farm Families”! I got when my Macaroni and Cheese was selected for a contest at the Indiana State Fair – it’s almost award winning!!!
These were so good with my Yum Yum Cheesy Potatoes!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ pounds of boneless chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Combine flour salt and pepper in shallow dish
- Whisk eggs and milk in a shallow dish
- Combine cheese and crushed cornflakes in a shallow dish
- Pat chicken tenderloins dry with paper towels
- Dip each tenderloin in flour mixture, then egg mixture, then cornflake and cheese mixture
- Place coated tenderloins on baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is done and coating is crispy