Crock Pot Buttered Parsley Potatoes is literally one of the easiest make ahead side dishes you can make. And did I say easy, well it’s super easy!
Sometimes I see a recipe and think – holy cow how did I not think of this, this is so simple and could compliment almost any meal! This is one of those recipes.
Actually just sitting here typing I can think of a million main courses that this side dish would compliment. And it just occurred to me these would be delicious for breakfast-brighten up your scrambled eggs and sausage with these potatoes!
I shared this recipe on From My Front Porch but knew I needed to bring it over here – we love it that much! It came from the Gooseberry Patch Cookbook 101 Super Easy Slow Cooker Recipes that has a lot – well 101 great crock pot recipes!
Crock Pot Buttered Parsley Potatoes
Can we just stop and admire my serving bowl and spoon – I swoon over these dishes I just discovered! They are called Mud Pie and there are so many cute pieces. I currently have this set and the pie server! But I want ALL OF THEM!
- 1.5 pounds of a small potato - baby reds, new potatoes
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1-2 Tablespoons of snipped chives or snipped green onions
- Place potatoes and water in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 2½ to 3 hours, until tender
- If any water left after cooking - drain off
- In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley and chives
- Pour over potatoes, toss to coat, sprinkle with salt and pepper.