I love sweets and this Easy Cherry Dessert is one of my all time favorites. I mean with ‘easy’ and ‘dessert’ in the title how can you go wrong? The baking time/waiting time is longer on this then the prep time and a whole lot harder!
And did I say EASY, the first time I had this my nephew made it for me, he was 6 at the time!
They live in Colorado, I prefer to eat it with this view while sitting on my sisters back porch and when someone else fixes it for me, no matter how easy it is!
My oldest nephew is a senior in high school – I have no idea how that happened!
Photo courtesy of Allan Ivy who takes the most amazing pictures in and around Gunnison Colorado where they live took this amazing photo of my nephew!
I’m currently in the process of trying to talk him into coming and living with us after high school – he could go to college here in Indiana, work for us on the farm and, well, make me this dessert maybe once or five times a week!
But I digress……
This Easy Cherry Dessert
….or afternoon snack, or breakfast, or lunch, or while your laying on the couch watching TV – whenever, is one I don’t mind making myself!
It’s actually been known to be a before supper snack or appetizer in our house because I love it that much! It has cream cheese and cherries – they are healthy!
Some of my other great cherry desserts:
I seem to like cherry desserts more than I knew! Hope you do too!
Easy Cherry Dessert
- 1 stick of butter room temperature
- 8 ounce bar of cream cheese room temperature
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 large cans of cherry pie filling
- With a pastry cutter or fork cut the stick of butter and cream cheese into the yellow cake mix. Combine to a dry crumbly consistency. Spread both cans of pie filling into the bottom of a 9X13 pan and sprinkle all of butter, cream cheese and cake mixture crumble over the pie filling evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree for 40 minutes.
Shared on Weekend Potluck-CHECK IT OUT