These homemade Jalapeño Corn Muffins are super simple and delicious to pair with so many meals! While they do have jalapeno’s in them they really aren’t spicy at all, just really good!
These are a super easy homemade corn bread muffin with an jalapeño twist! Made with butter, buttermilk and sour cream they are an easy bread option for any meal.
I love to throw these together and bake in my mini-muffin pan, they get done super fast and light on the outside just like I like them!
As I write I am being schooled by Chris on cornbread! There are so many versions and tastes. I’m being told that, while not to insult me my cornbread skills………mine just isn’t as good as Ma’s (his Grandma)! Can I just add, Ma used a Jiffy mix-which I’m totally cool with but even when I use the Jiffy mix, it doesn’t taste the same to him! This is my life people!
I love cornbread – all kinds, varieties, flavors! If you love yourself make cornbread in a cast iron skillet, eat it hot with copious insane amounts of butter! Eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper! Eat it as a snack! Eat it sitting at the table, eat it out of the pan, eat it with your hands, eat it with a fork —now I feel like Dr Seuss…..but I digress!
Jalapeño Corn Muffins
Jalapeno Corn Muffins
- 1 `stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeños seeded and finely chopped
- Whisk together buttermilk, sour cream and eggs
- Add in cornmeal, four, brown sugar, baking powder and salt - stir to combine
- Stir in melted butter and jalapeños
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick butter spray
- Fill each about 3/4 full and bake in a 375 degree preheated oven until done