Be still my heart and my sweet tooth, I can’t get enough of these Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Clusters.
I recently became addicted to this snack I found at the gas station, Snappers – milk chocolate! But honestly every time I paid for them I would tell myself this is the last time. And every time I would eat them I wished they had more caramel.
I decided I needed to make them exactly the way I wanted and also save some money!
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Clusters
I used my favorite caramel recipe to make these, if you don’t want them to have as much caramel as I do feel free to only use as much as you want. This caramel keeps well in a container in the fridge and is good to eat on ice cream or straight out of the jar with a spoon – yes I do that!
- 1 12 ounce bag of Snyder's itty bitty mini's pretzels, or your favorite pretzel
- 1 11.5 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on low heat
- Add your brown sugar and corn syrup, combine and stir allowing sugar to dissolve and caramelize with the butter- watch carefully as can burn fast
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and heat till just slightly bubbling
- Remove from heat add vanilla and stir
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, scatter entire bag of pretzels on parchment pepper-doesn't have to be single layer
- Pour hot caramel on pretzels, toss, stir to coat and spread back out
- Melt milk chocolate chips in microwave and pour evenly over caramel covered pretzels
- Allow to set up and bread into clusters! ENJOY