This is my Mom’s Classic Pecan Pie, a staple my entire childhood! It is super simple to whip up, pour in a pie shell and bake. Perfect for holidays, pitch-ins and for friends.
And yes that is whipped cream on my slice of pie! Apparently there is some controversy about if whipped cream belongs on Pecan Pie – I say do you, to each his own, be true to you – I say “let them eat whipped cream on their pecan pie if they want”!!
Can we just stop for a minute and admire my pie server……….
My Walmart pie server that I had had for, probably forever, broke! I thought well I’ll just order one real quick off Amazon and when I typed in pie server……..this amazing, beautiful silver pie server was right there and I had to have it!
I’M JUST HERE FOR DESSERT
My life’s motto, right there on a pie server, I Amazon Primed that sucker right to my door!
Mom’s Classic Pecan Pie
This pie is really simple to make and bakes up perfect every time! You simply combine all the ingredients and the pecans magically come to the top during baking.
Now I’ve never been shy about admitting I buy my pie crust but I can make an amazing pie crust. I have my Great Grandmother Tressie’s recipe if you are up for making it or just buy it – either way this pie will be perfect!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups chopped pecans
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well
- Whisk into the eggs the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and pecans
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell
- Bake in a 425 degree pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees for 45 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before cutting