A Gingerbread Soldier is my festive holiday take on a White Russian. Trust me you won’t be disappointed in this Christmas version of a classic!
I can’t get enough of this Gingerbread Rum. I’m loving it in baked sweets, white hot chocolate, rum balls, cocktails and sometimes, when no one is looking, just a swig out of the bottle!
I mentioned a couple of bar items to have on hand for cocktails like this one and my Gingerbread Baileys Holiday Cocktail.
- Cocktail Shaker Set – this set includes the shaker, jigger for measuring and other things for other cocktails
- Rocks Glasses
However like I said before, I’m not afraid to admit I’ve had my cocktails out of a ball jar or a kids plastic cup we got free at a restaurant. I’m not even ashamed to admit I sometimes drink out of a measuring cup!
This drink is fun to me because it’s warm and cold at the same time. It’s super easy to make served over ice, but the Kahlua and rum have a warming effect as they go down. So while a hot drink all the time isn’t always my jam, this one is good after being outside in the cold weather without being a hot drink.
Christmas Drink I love:
- Gingerbread Baileys Holiday Cocktail
- White Christmas Cocktail
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate with Baileys or Kahlua
- Gingerbread Rum White Hot Chocolate
- Spiked Apple Pie Punch
- Sneaky Pete
- 1½ ounces Captain Morgan Gingerbread Rum
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1 ounce Half and Half *can use milk
- Add ice to Rocks glass and pour Gingerbread Rum in
- Carefully pour Kahlua over the rum, then carefully pour in the Half and Half
- Serve or drink immedietly