These Orange Soda Cupcakes have to be the greatest invention since sliced bread! Seriously 3 ingredients got these delicious cupcakes that I might of eaten a dozen of in one sitting…….
These soda cupcakes are all over Pinterest, so this ‘recipe’ is nothing new but holy cow am I ever glad I jumped on this bandwagon! We literally walked in the door from getting groceries and within 30 minutes were sinking our teeth into these cupcakes with a melted crusty marshmallow topping to boot!
I love Orange Soda, it has become my reward for getting groceries – yes I believe I deserve a reward for getting groceries!
Do you know how many times you touch your groceries:
- pick them off the shelf and put them into your cart
- pull them out of the cart and onto the checkout line
- put the bags in your cart
- move the bags out of your cart and put them in your car
- out of the car and into your house
- take them out of the bags and put them in the cabinets
That doesn’t even count when you go to cook the meals! So yes I believe we all deserve a reward for getting groceries and mine is a orange soda on the way home from Wal-Mart!
But combine that orange soda with a white cake mix and we are at a whole new level of reward, especially when you figure how fast you can make them…….well and eat them!!
Orange Soda Cupcakes
I am a firm believer a cupcake needs a top and to keep these super simple I decided toasted marshmallow creme would be ideal! So when the cupcakes themselves were done I pulled them out of the oven, turned on my broiler, plopped a big old spoon full of marshmallow creme on each cupcake and stuck them back in the oven till the marshmallow creme started to melt and get just a touch toasty brown on top – watch them close this won’t take long!
WAHLA Orange Soda Cupcakes
A seriously good dessert in less than 30 minutes, only 3 ingredients and homemade!!
Orange Soda Cupcakes
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 can of orange soda
- Marshmallow Creme
- Combine cake mix and can of soda together, mix well.
- Divide batter among cupcake liners.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean, in a 350 degree oven.
- As soon as cupcakes are done, turn oven broiler on, top each cupcake with a heaping tablespoon of marshmallow creme and place under broiler until the marshmallow is slightly toasted.