I’m in love with this Sweet Blueberry Topping, a perfect combination of sauce and syrup that is delicious on almost everything you can think to top with it!
We’ve been eating it on cheesecake, angel food cake and straight out of the jar!
I can’t wait to try it on pancakes and ice cream and pound cake and waffles and this summer I want to put it on my Dad’s homemade ice-cream along with strawberry topping and put sparklers in it……..I just have so many plans for this Sweet Blueberry Topping – I think we will live happily ever after together!
For days after I made this batch I had trouble concentrating while working at the hog barns. Even in the midst of cute newborn piglets all I wanted was to head back to the house, sit in a comfy chair and eat this stuff.
Sweet Blueberry Topping
- 3 cups of fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½-3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tablespoons corn starch well mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine blueberries, water, orange juice, sugar and orange zest in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a low boil over medium heat.
- Once at a low boil slowly stir in the cornstarch and water, stir while blueberry mixture simmers and mixture coats the back of your spoon, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cool, Store in an container with a lid in the refrigerator.